Suggest a Lesson
In Level 3 you are required to write a lesson plan on each topic (or make a creative project). It is my experience that in teaching we learn the most about a topic. I have included the following suggestions to make this activity the most rewarding
- Begin in prayer, ask God what He wants you to say. Wait for a burden. Ask yourself, "What has God been teaching me?" and "What is really important for them to hear?" It is really hard to teach something you are not passionate about.
- Pray that you will understand the people and their needs. Every lesson will be different and custom built for the people and what they need to hear today.
- Pour over the Bible and use it with integrity. Don't fall into the traps of simply rushing through it, or using verses to support your statements instead of your statements to support the verses, or just giving human wisdom from human power
- Try to say one thing and say it well. Don't get distracted with rabbit trails and trivial things, take the best on the one topic and drive it home
- Tell your students what the one thing is you want them to learn, then illustrate it with verses, stories and statements. Then summarize it again and give them application (in fact about 50% of the lesson should be application)
- Pray and trust God before, during, and after. It is He who changes people's hearts. God bless you as you do this great task.
- Each lesson should be about 1 page long (but still concise) and take at least 1-3 hours to write on average
If you do a creative lesson please email the details to me through this page